As you approach the first monastery of the day, that of St. Antony, you will find yourself entering the arid heart of the desert. More than 1,600 years ago, this was the home of the eremite Antony, who lived in a cave up on a mountain, 680 meters above sea level; a staircase with around 1,000 steps leads to his hollow. Climb up to the saint’s cell to see his ancient writings and drawings, and marvel at the amazing view over the mountains, the desert, and the sea that opens up before you.
After a short lunch, continue through the rough valley to reach St Paul's Monastery, constructed above the cave of the holy St Paul, a Christian eremite who died in the 4th century A.D. After exploring this ancient place, begin your journey back to Hurghada, returning to your hotel in the city in the evening.
• Transfers from/to your hotel and between the sights in high-class vehicles with air-conditioning
• Guided tours through the monasteries in your language
• Entrance fees for the above-mentioned sights
• Mineral water
What's Not Included:
• Gratuity (tips) for drivers, tour guides
• Personal items
• Drinks or services not mentioned